DPChallenge: A Digital Photography Contest You are not logged in. (log in or register
 
Challenge Entries
Portfolio Images
This image is not part of a public portfolio.
Distance and Light
Distance and Light
bpickard


Photograph Information Photographer's Comments
Challenge: D&L (Advanced Editing IV)
Camera: Fujifilm FinePix S3000
Location: Assynt-Coigach region, NW Scotland
Date: Aug 26, 2005
Aperture: f2.8
ISO: 100
Shutter: 1/140
Galleries: Landscape, Rural
Date Uploaded: Aug 28, 2005

Stac Pollaidh (left) and part of Cul Mor (right) as taken loking West from the A835 near Lochan an Ais. Up North for the weekend because of my wife's work; weather was diabolical for most of the time but got this in a brief moment of dappled light on the landscape.

Levels, Curves, lab colour sharpening, slight dodging on fence posts, Overlayed gradient layer to calm sky somewhat, Neatimage light

Statistics
Place: 24 out of 200
Avg (all users): 6.4040
Avg (commenters): 8.4286
Avg (participants): 6.1271
Avg (non-participants): 6.6515
Views since voting: 888
Views during voting: 358
Votes: 250
Comments: 14
Favorites: 2 (view)


Please log in or register to add your comments!

AuthorThread
 Comments Made During the Challenge
09/04/2005 07:19:32 PM
A capture with great depth and charming colors. 8
  Photographer found comment helpful.
09/03/2005 07:29:53 PM
This image really got my attentiion in my first look through. THe composition, lighting, textures and colors are excellent. I am, on second/third look bothered only by the blowout of the sky at the top, which is less the 10% of the image, the other 90% is great so we'll go with a 10 and a fav.
  Photographer found comment helpful.
09/02/2005 09:35:01 PM
Nice colors and composition. Would've made a good leading lines entry. 7
  Photographer found comment helpful.
09/02/2005 03:47:54 PM
I really like this photo it is composed nicely, I think some more D&B would really make it stand out, maybe some selective curves. 8
  Photographer found comment helpful.
08/31/2005 09:46:09 PM
A wonderful landscape shot and I like how the fence leads the viewers eye down into the photo. 8
  Photographer found comment helpful.
08/31/2005 01:53:15 PM
Spectacular depth!!! I love the colors! - 10
  Photographer found comment helpful.
08/30/2005 08:31:01 PM
This is beautiful, the colors are outsanding. The fence leads me right into the picture.
  Photographer found comment helpful.
08/30/2005 12:17:42 AM
beautiful
  Photographer found comment helpful.
08/29/2005 06:47:19 PM
Nice landscape photo, nice angle/composition!
  Photographer found comment helpful.
08/29/2005 12:55:09 PM
Great photo. The title seems to be a bit of a stretch but the photo works regardless.
  Photographer found comment helpful.
08/29/2005 09:22:46 AM
Beautiful landscape! Wonderful colors!
  Photographer found comment helpful.
08/29/2005 07:58:46 AM
Beautiful photo!!!!! Great sky, and great lighting! Good luck!
  Photographer found comment helpful.
08/29/2005 12:48:46 AM
Lovely panorama. Love the fencing as a guide for your eye to follow around the photo. Great sky!!
  Photographer found comment helpful.
08/29/2005 12:35:02 AM
Magnificent colors... Really beautiful.
  Photographer found comment helpful.


Home - Challenges - Community - League - Photos - Cameras - Lenses - Learn - Prints! - Help - Terms of Use - Privacy - Top ^
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks. Current Server Time: 05/27/2020 09:30:13 AM EDT.