Challenge: Shallow DOF (Advanced Editing I)
Camera: Fujifilm FinePix S602Z
Location: Nibbixwoud, The Netherlands
Date: Feb 8, 2004
Galleries: Still Life, Macro
Date Uploaded: Feb 8, 2004
|There was raining, hailing, snowing and windblowing today. So I had to do something inside the house with stuff I found there.
These two horse figures are from Rattvik in the Dalarna region of Sweden. Very common tourist products. Most people have machined items from the factories you can visit.
These two however, are entirely handmade (cut and painted) by John Gudmunds. John Gudmunds has (he did when I was last there, almost 8 years ago) a small gallery at his house. His work is much better than the factory stuff.
Dalarna is a great area to visit and I intend to go there in the summer of 2004.
Macro mode, manual focus, stabilized + timer, zoomed out.
Setup: Horses are 40cm apart, background is A2 white photo paper. Lightsources: three overhead, one from the right, plus several reflectors. The end result isn't perfect though.
* manual levels
* manual curves
* Dodged the shadows of the red horse
* Dodged part of the background
* cloned out the shadows under the blue horse
* FM digital velvia +2 (improves saturation)
* Unsharp Mask, but only the in focus horse
* Gaussian Blur, but only on the white background (to get the last noise out of the whites so that I could get the jpeg compression one level higher without exceeding 150kb)
* Save for the web
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks
. Current Server Time: 11/26/2020 12:05:14 AM EST.