Challenges Entered: 248|
Votes Cast: 55,773
Avg Vote Cast: 5.5680
Votes Received: 20,401
Avg Vote Received: 5.6241
Threads Created: 12
Profile Views: 5,535
Total Image Views: 82,716
Total Images Viewed: 68,710
Selected by other users:|
Photographer: 12 times
Photographs: 73 times
User's favorites: (view all)
||I've been playing with photography for over 40 years. Started out with a 35mm Minolta SRT-101 and a home darkroom in the garage. I'm currently at the peak of a 30+ year career in education. No need to bore you with details. Suffice it to say, I've spent decades with photography and public education.
How I Vote:
First Pass: Assign 5 or 6
- 6's for entries that immediately engage my interest or appreciation of emotional content, appropriate composition and technique, effective processing, abstract/creative vision, or a unique/interesting take on the challenge.
- 5's for images that fail to engage my interest, or are lacking in emotion or creative vision, are tired cliches, shoehorns, little more than a snapshot, or just plain not interesting for me to look at.
Second Pass of 6's: Re-scoring to a range of 6-10
- 6's for most entries originally scored as a 6 using the criteria above. I like the image, but it's not a stand-out or inspiring for me.
- 7's for any entry I'd be proud to have entered. Something that I believe to be artistically and technically within my capacity to emulate (and would aspire to).
- 8's for inspiring images that make me stop and reflect on the creative vision I see in it. Something that might be just outside my capacity to emulate (for now), but demonstrates a way of seeing or technique I like to explore.
- 9's for outstanding images that stop me in my tracks and makes me want to keep looking or keep coming back. May or may not be within my current creative or technical capacity to emulate, but are definitely inspiring.
- 10's for only what I consider to be the most exceptional images that additionally appeal to my eclectic and evolving personal tastes. I often add 10's to my list of favorites.
Second Pass of 5's: Re-scoring to a range of 5-1
- 5's for most entries originally scored as 5. Either lacking technically, compositionally, or creatively, and/or are just not my cup of tea.
- 4's for images that to me lack a sense of purpose, are technically weak, compositionally disorganized, and/or lack any connection to the challenge theme.
- 3's for entries that really miss the mark for me. Lacking a combination of aesthetics, technicals, creativity, and/or connection to the challenge.
- 2's for... well - I just don't give 2's at this time. [If I change my mind and give a 2, I'll be back to revise this.] The act of participation alone seems to warrant a three or better. Unless I'm feeling really grumpy and judgmental and feel like giving a...
- 1 for the extremely rare entry that I presume to be a purposeful attempt at failure, or that I find to be egregiously offensive (and I'm not easily offended).
My Limited, but Highly Prized Bling:
Highest Rated Photographs
Last 10 Forum Threads Posted To
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2020 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks
. Current Server Time: 01/25/2020 02:51:29 PM EST.