Challenges Entered: 116|
Votes Cast: 306,767
Avg Vote Cast: 5.4209
Votes Received: 17,760
Avg Vote Received: 6.0119
Threads Created: 357
Profile Views: 44,926
Total Image Views: 338,224
Total Images Viewed: 18,234
Selected by other users:|
Photographer: 94 times
Photographs: 322 times
User's favorites: (view all)
||I'm a mechanical engineer working in
|the electronics industry program managementand a diehard techie; I've been dabbling in photography since the '70's (35mm film, then digital since about 1999). I started out in digital shooting with various early digital cams at work, and eventually bought a Nikon CoolPix 995 in 2001. When the Canon 1Ds came out in 2001, I realized it wouldn't be too long until a true 35mm-frame DSLR was reasonably affordable. As a stopgap, I picked up a Canon 10D to replace my Nikon 995 in 2003. (Summer 2016: the 995 has finally been fully retired; what I once used it for at work is now done with a smart 'phone). In Summer of 2005, I watched the rumors materialize as the Canon 5D, bought it immediately and never looked back. I was finally back in a 35mm SLR. Upgraded to the 6D in 2013, and upgraded to the 5D Mk IV in Fall of 2016.
I stumbled upon DPC in June, 2002 looking for a photo contest site to help me improve my photography skills. I lurked for a while, until early 2003, then gradually entered a few challenges. I became active in the forums, and joined the SC in the Spring of 2004.
Some of my other interests include:
- Home remodeling projects of all kinds
- Motorcyling (a third of a million miles logged in the past 39 years)
- Statistics & Experimental Design, which is both vocation and avocation
- Reading, both fiction and non-fiction, most especially anything science-related
- Travel, especially international travel
My wife of 36 years and I have two children, born in 1989 & 1992
My old Exakta film SLR looks at me forlornly from the shelf.
Accessories for the Canon cameras:
- Canon 2.0x II teleconverter
- Canon 1.4x II teleconverter
- Canon 580EX flash
- Canon TC80-N3 remote
- Canon Angle Finder C
- Circular polarizers (58mm, 77mm)
- 3-stop neutral density filter (ND8), 77mm
- 10-stop neutral density filter
- Macro coupler (58mm)
- Extension tubes: 12mm, 25mm
- Bogen 3021B Pro Tripod with Bogen 488-RC4 head
||1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g3t l41d
Highest Rated Photographs
Last 10 Forum Threads Posted To
DPChallenge, and website content and design, Copyright © 2001-2022 Challenging Technologies, LLC.
All digital photo copyrights belong to the photographers and may not be used without permission.
Proudly hosted by Sargasso Networks
. Current Server Time: 08/15/2022 05:12:40 AM EDT.